* a continuation of the sacred songs in the
* an echo of the Sinai and shores of the
The Divine Office
* our light ( Jn 8, 12)
* our bread ( Jn 6, 35)
* our life ( Jn 14, 6)
* You could not possibly dry out beside the
marvellous waters of Liturgy which at times
murmur like a brook;
rumble as a torrent;
or flood as the sea.
* Come close to me ! Drink of this crystal-clear
and pure water gushing up to eternal life (Jn 4,
for it springs up from the wells of salvation
(Is 12, 3).
* Kindle your heart at the core of the Sacred
for then you may say:
||My heart is ready, O Lord,
my heart is ready;
I wish to sing, I wish to play for You !
Awake, my glory;
Awake, harp and zither,
that I may stir up the dawn !
I wish to praise You among the peoples,
Lord, play for You in every country...
A Sacrifice of Praise
* Behold the new wonders I shall bring about are soon to appear,
do you not see them ?
...My people will sing my praises
* And now, with the Church, you can offer up to God a Sacrifice
of praise, issuing from lips proclaiming His Name.
May your Office become a true Sacrifice.
Offer up, as a host, your will, your intelligence,
your senses, your whole being.
Offer up your weariness, your dryness,
and even your aridity.
* Jesus prays within you.
Join Him: pray with Him and like Him.
Find your voice within His,
and find His voice within you.
* Nothing but the Blood of your Saviour
can bring words to your lips
and revitalize you in praise and Love.